Plan, implement, supervise, evaluate, communicate and coordinate programs, activities and events for youth. Train part-time staff to assist in implementation of programs. May serve as site supervisor during the absence of the management team and Teen Specialist.
- Follow and promote federal & state laws and company policy and procedures
- Promote a culture within the club that embraces and implements best program practices
- Represent the organization and interpret its objectives, standards and programs; promote and stimulate interest in BGCMP and its mission
- Ensure physical and emotional safety and well-being of youth; support and promote a Club culture which includes respect, inclusion and is free of bullying
- Assist with federal food program as directed Program Management
- Ensure impact agenda is coordinated with Club overall program
- Plan, organize, implement, and evaluate a wide range of Priority Outcome programs and activities for youth
- Develop program calendar, lesson plans and collateral recruiting material for Impact program
- Utilize current technology to enhance and support programs
- Collect data and maintain record keeping for evidence-based programs including participation rosters, back-up information, and other information as requested
- Prepare and submit organizational reports as required
- Assist with needs assessments of youth within the Club community as directed, and deliver programs to meet/support those needs
- Implement grant programs and collect data to support grant requirements
- Assist and interface with schools and other agencies to coordinate programs and activities that support Priority Outcomes
- Assist in the achievement of Club service goals including OYS, ADA, and regular daily attendance
- Open and close Club
- Other duties as assigned
- Staff Supervision & Development
- Train part-time staff to effectively run programs and activities in core areas
Skills / Requirements
This is a professional level position that requires recent experience working directly with children and teens in a broad range of educational & prevention programs; knowledge of PC based education software; minimum of 2 years of college (degree preferred). Must also be at least 21 years old with an AZ DL and clean driving history to meet our insurance requirements for transporting youth. Bi-lingual (spanish/english) a plus.
- College degree or relevant equivalent experience
- Knowledge of a broad range of youth and teen development programs and activities
- Recent experience with providing direct services for youth ages 6-18.
- Computer proficient (MS Office, dbase, outlook calendar)
- Ability to utilize technology to support programming
- Exceptional written, verbal and time-management skills
- Prefer prior Boys & Girls Clubs experience
- Must satisfy requirements to be an approved driver under the Boys & Girls Clubs vehicle insurance
Pay: $31,080 to $34,008/year
Full time position with: employer paid benefits.
Job Status: Full Time