Program Manager Dbacks Branch
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Unit Director
DIVISION: Club Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: Impact Specialist, Activity Leaders
The Program Manager is responsible for developing programs, activities, and services that prepare youth for success by creating a safe and positive Club environment that facilitates achievement and results in designated outcomes. Responsibilities include Club operations, program management, and supervision of staff, members, volunteers, and facility.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
- Manages Program supply budget and administration in accordance with accounting policies and procedures
- Supports Organizational membership goals to include recruitment, retention, and attendance
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with community partners
- Directs supervision of members and staff during operating hours including opening and closing the Club
- Oversee the implementation, planning, development, and evaluation of Club programs
- Ensures required documents and reports are completed in a timely manner
- Fulfills Human Resources functions including hiring practices and employee management
- Manages staff hours to budget and policy. Ensure time cards are completed and correct.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Must possess a HS diploma or equivalency certificate and 6 months’ work related Supervisory experience
- Must obtain/maintain a current CPR, First Aid, and Food Handler’s Certification (within first 90 days of employment)
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- Working knowledge of federal and state laws and company policies and procedures
- Ability to manage, investigate and participate in Human Resource processes
- Ability to oversee the physical property and assets of the Club
- Knowledge of vehicles to ensure that they are operating safely at all times
- Knowledge of Youth Development service delivery
- Ability to maintain and cultivate excellent member/family and community relationships and possess excellent customer service skills
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management
- Familiarity with principles and practices of supervision
- Ability to communicate with parents, maintain confidentiality and engage in respectful interactions at all times
- Ability to articulate for giving, serve as an ambassador, engage in relationship building and promote philanthropy
- Ability to support the efficiency of Volunteers and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
WORKING CONDITIONS and DRIVING
- Travel between Boys & Girls Club of Metro Phoenix Club sites, schools, various field trip sites, and within the community is required. Must meet the insurance standards of Boys & Girls Club of Metro Phoenix
- Work is primarily performed in the Club and local community
- Evening hours required; weekend hours as needed
EXPECTATION of EXCELLENCE
Boys & Girls Club of Metro Phoenix supports a culture of excellence in all we do and all employees are expected to reflect these values in their daily responsibilities. To be sure we meet our obligations for high performance in all areas, we organize our goals and efforts under these six Pillars of Excellence:
We act with integrity, accept responsibility for our actions and fulfill our commitments.
We thrive on collaboration and believe we can achieve greatness together.
We strive for energizing integration of work and home and support a healthy lifestyle to model for our Club Kids.
We are open, honest and respectful in our communication, direction and interactions.
We genuinely care about our mission and believe "Kids come first"!
We are creative problem solvers, empowered to take action and always striving for unique and new ways to improve programs and procedures.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1108