DEPARTMENT: CLUB OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: UNIT DIRECTOR
STATUS: FULL TIME
Direct and supervise programs and related daily operations for designated site. Daily operations include supervision of staff and volunteers; implementation and oversight of programs and activities; development of relationships with youth and families; membership recruitment and retention; and management of program data and outcomes. Work collaboratively with Unit Director and Teen Specialist on outreach plans. Provide leadership that ensures a safe, positive and motivational environment for members, families, staff and volunteers.
- Follow and promote federal & state laws and company policy and procedures
- Promote a culture within the club that embraces and implements best business & program practices
- Represent the organization and interpret its objectives, standards and programs; promote and stimulate interest in BGCMP and its mission
- Ensure the safety and security of staff, members, volunteers, facility, property and equipment
- Observe protocols and maintain the physical property and assets of the Club
- Support the Emergency Response Program and assist with safety inspections to ensure preparedness
- Support federal food program; ensure staff are trained and program compliance is maintained
- Follow accounting policies and procedures related to fee collection and other fiscal tasks
- Manage Program budgets
- Develop and facilitate annual youth recruitment plans to meet required ADA, retention and regular attendance in accordance with Club goals
- Develop and facilitate an annual OYS agenda in accordance with Club goals
- Cultivate relationships with schools to support collaborative approach to programs & services
- Open and close Club
- Perform duties as acting supervisor in the absence of Unit Director
Supervision & Staff Development
- Screen and recommend hiring of direct reports in accordance with company staffing policies.
- Implement and/or assist with staff onboarding processes per procedure or as requested.
- Provide regular performance feedback, counseling, mentoring, and coaching including required performance evaluations and goal setting for direct reports.
- Recommend professional development opportunities and/or facilitate training for staff
- Provide program assistance and resource support & information to program staff
- Manage staff hours to budget and policy. Ensure time cards are completed and correct.
- Determine fit and need for volunteers, screen applicants, assist in on-boarding processes, supervise & evaluate volunteer’s performance Youth Development Manager
- Model positive behavior and interact appropriately with youth in accordance with BGCMP policies and practices
- Direct, review and evaluate overall club specific programs
- Assess program needs of youth and families within Club community
- Oversee, coordinate and assist with the planning of Club programs and activities
- Promote and stimulate youth interest and participation in Club-wide programs
- Ensure program calendars, lesson plans, and outcome measurement processes are in place for all programs
- Provide program feedback to Impact Specialists and ensure coordination of activities within all program areas
- Ensure permission slips, trip release forms, incident reports, daily attendance and membership reports etc., are all conducted, completed and collected as required
- Manage coordination of buses & transportation for programs, outings and special events
- Implement grant program components for entire Club and collect required supporting outcome data
- Maintain record keeping for evidence-based programs including participation rosters, back-up information, and other data as requested
- Prepare and submit organizational reports as required
- Provide appropriate guidance and discipline of youth members; maintain appropriate communication regarding youth issues with Unit Director and Teen Specialist
- Provide and/or facilitate mentoring for youth members
- Investigate and resolve parental concerns.
- Utilize current technology to enhance and support programs
- Ensure physical and emotional safety and well-being of youth; develop a Club culture which includes respect, inclusion and is free of bullying
- Open and close Club
- Other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close daily contact with management team, staff and volunteers to ensure Club effectiveness and program success. Communicates regularly with peers to collaborate and promote team & organization-wide interactions and collaborations.External: Maintains contact with families and schools to identify youth who may benefit from participation in BGCMP programs. Assist youth & families with conflict resolution issues.
- College degree and/or relevant equivalent experience.
- Direct Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide motivation, supervision and guidance to staff and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of budget management
- Direct and recent experience in a broad range of youth/teen programming
- Competency with membership management software (Kids Trax).
- Computer proficient (MS Office, dbase, outlook calendar)
- Exceptional written, verbal and time-management skills
- Prefer prior Boys & Girls Clubs experience
- Must satisfy requirements to be an approved driver under BGCMP vehicle insurance
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for youth
- Direct, coach & guide youth indoor and outdoor activities on a daily basis
- Maintain control and order of youth, provide discipline as necessary
- Maintain physical and visual attention at all times for safety reasons
- Encourage youth to participate in all activities
- Prepare, break down and clean up the program area for various activities
- Prepare activity/lesson plans & monthly calendar
- Ensure the collection of permission slips, gather data, incident reports
- Administer first aid if necessary
- Transport youth to and from various club functions
- May serve snacks and meals in accordance with federal food program standards
Licenses or Certifications:
- Current CPR & First Aid certification
- Fingerprints and background check required
- Valid AZ Driver’s License required + clean driving record
- Food Handler’s certification may be required
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Quickly react & move to protect/prevent/respond to youth in program and safety situations
- Push/pull, squat, turn, twist, bend, stoop and reach to lead & demonstrate activities
- Lift and carry 30 pounds
- Visual acuity for the purpose of observing youth; driving vehicles and utilizing technology
- Hear and understand speech at normal and high decibel levels
- Communicate so others will clearly understand normal conversation in high decibel environment
- Stand, walk, communicate & utilize technology to outreach to community partners, government officials, schools and others for giving presentations, soliciting donations, engaging programs.
- Think clearly and rationally to solve problems, make good judgments and decisions
Outdoor and indoor environment in a youth recreation clubhouse: provide afterschool programs and activities for youth aged 6 – 18. High noise levels in clubhouse.
Pay: $35,000 to $40,000/year
Excellent benefits include paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, 401 (a) pension plan, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time