The Program Specialist is responsible for developing programs, activities, and services that prepare youth age 11-12 and teens for success by creating a safe and positive Club environment that facilitates achievement and results in design
- Management of Program administration in accordance with policies and procedures
- Works collaboratively with Club leadership on membership goals including recruitment, retention, and attendance for youth age 11-12 and teens 13-18. Increase program participation for youth age 11-12 and sustain participation through a positive transition to teen program.
- Oversee the implementation, planning, development, and evaluation of Club programs for youth 11-12 and teens. Develop program calendar and lesson plans for required programs and activities.
- Direct supervision of members during operating hours including opening and closing the Club
- Cultivate collaborative relationships with Jr. high members, teens and families. Participate in OYS efforts.
- Ensures required documents and reports are completed in a timely manner
- Assist in training part-time staff to effectively implement programs and activities
- Assist with federal food program as directed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalency certificate
- Must obtain/maintain a current CPR, First Aid, and Food Handler’s Certification (within first 90 days of employment)
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS
- Ability to oversee the physical property and assets of the Club
- Knowledge of vehicles to ensure that they are operating safely at all times
- Knowledge of Youth Development service delivery
- Ability to maintain and cultivate excellent member/family and community relationships and possess excellent customer service skills
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiarity with principles and practices of youth supervision
- Ability to communicate with parents, maintain confidentiality and engage in respectful interactions at all times
Pay: $30,000 to $34,000/year
Job Status: Full Time