TITLE: UNIT DIRECTOR
DEPARTMENT: CLUB OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: VP CLUB OPERATIONS
STATUS: FULL TIME
4730 W. GROVERS AVENUE
GLENDALE, AZ 85308
Coordinates and manages overall operations for designated Clubhouse. Includes facility management, maintenance & safety; financial management; community engagement & partnerships; member management, oversight of program data and delivery of staff development. Provide leadership that ensures a safe, positive and motivational environment for members, families, staff and volunteers. Implements and interprets company policy, strategic goals and the Formula for Impact.
Overall Club Management
- Follow and promote federal & state laws and company policy and procedures.
- Promote a culture within the club that embraces and implements best business & program practices such as CTQ and other BGCMP/BGCA initiatives.
- Represent the organization and interprets its objectives, standards and programs. Promote and stimulate interest in BGCMP and its mission.
- Ensure labor costs and expenses are managed appropriately and in alignment with ADA ratios
- Develop, manage and evaluate Club Impact Goals for success
- Establish annual OYS, recruitment ADA, member retention and regular attendance goals
- Initiate and complete all required Club and/or organization reports and reviews
- Manage and oversee federal food program; ensure program compliance at all levels
- Ensure KidTrax system is maintained and populated with all required data membership and participation records
- Investigate and resolve parental concerns
- Provide input for grants
- Initiate and manage grant outcome measurements requirements
- Open and close Club
Facility Maintenance & Safety
- Oversee the maintenance, janitorial and operation of the physical property and assets of the club.
- Initiate Emergency Response Program. Conduct safety inspections to ensure preparedness
- Manage leases and shared space agreements as applicable
- Ensure vehicles are maintained and operating safely at all times
- Provide input and oversee Club budget
- Oversee, manage and approve all financial transactions including petty cash, deposits, dues, fees, purchase orders and time cards.
- Establish and monitor asset management procedures and inventory control
- Identify and develop opportunities for resource development including in-kind and monetary donations.
- Maintain an active presence with local government entities on issues as they affect the clubs.
- Cultivate relationships with schools, neighborhood groups, agencies and municipal services to identify and establish collaborative approach to programs/services.
- Represent and make presentations to board and other service/business/community groups.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Model positive behavior and interact appropriately with youth in accordance with BGCMP policies and practices. Monitor and ensure staff also interact appropriately and follow policies
- Initiate and oversee the screening process and recommend placement of staff and/or volunteers in accordance with company staffing & volunteer policies.
- Provide and ensure regular performance feedback, counseling, mentoring, and coaching to include required performance evaluations and goal setting process.
- Oversee and facilitate investigations in accordance with company policies
- Organize, schedule and facilitate trainings for Club staff as applicable
- Ensure staff attend mandatory trainings (CPR/First Aid, New Worker, Staff Retreat etc)
- Recommend professional development opportunities and activities for staff.
COMMUNICATION Internal: Maintains close daily contact with management team, staff and volunteers to ensure club effectiveness and related issues.External: Develops and maintains contact with local government, community groups and schools to identify resources and promote club. Assist youth/teens/families with identification of necessary resources and conflict resolution issues.
College degree and/or relevant equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide motivation, leadership and guidance to staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of collaboration based or community related development & fund raising activities
- Working knowledge of budget preparation, control and management.
- Demonstrated proficiency with outcome measurement data
- Competency with membership management software (KidTrax)
- Computer proficient (MS Office, dbase, outlook calendar)
- Exceptional written, verbal and time-management skills
- Knowledge of Youth Development service delivery
- Prefer prior Boys & Girls Clubs experience
- Must satisfy requirements to be an approved driver under BGCMP vehicle insurance
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English may be required
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for youth
- Direct, coach & guide youth indoor and outdoor activities on a daily basis
- Maintain control and order of youth, provide discipline as necessary
- Maintain physical and visual attention at all times for safety reasons
- Encourage youth to participate in all activities
- Prepare, break down and clean up the program area for various activities
- Prepare activity/lesson plans & monthly calendar
- Ensure the collection of permission slips, gather data, incident reports
- Administer first aid if necessary
- Transport youth to and from various club functions
- May serve snacks and meals in accordance with federal food program standards
Licenses or Certifications:
- Current CPR & First Aid certification
- Fingerprints and background check required
- Valid AZ Driver’s License required + clean driving record
- Food Handler’s certification may be required
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Quickly react & move to protect/prevent/respond to youth in program and safety situations
- Push/pull, squat, turn, twist, bend, stoop and reach to lead & demonstrate activities
- Lift and carry 30 pounds
- Visual acuity for the purpose of observing youth; driving vehicles and utilizing technology
- Hear and understand speech at normal and high decibel levels
- Communicate so others will clearly understand normal conversation in high decibel environment
- Stand, walk, communicate & utilize technology to outreach to community partners, government officials, schools and others for giving presentations, soliciting donations, engaging programs.
- Think clearly and rationally to solve problems, make good judgments and decisions
Outdoor and indoor environment in a youth recreation clubhouse: provide afterschool programs and activities for youth aged 6 – 18. High noise levels in clubhouse.
Pay: $47,500 to $52,000/year
Excellent benefits include paid vacation, medical and dental insurance, 401 (a) pension plan, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and generous paid holidays.
Job Status: Full Time