Youth Activity Leaders
Join The Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Phoenix to really make a difference in a child's life in a fun and engaging environment. Our staff work with youth aged 6 - 18, after school during the school year and in the mornings/early evenings in the summer, in a clubhouse setting.
You will help plan, organize and lead recreation programs and activities for youth in the Games room, Gym, Arts & Crafts Center, Learning Center, and/or Computer Lab. We call our programs "fun with a purpose"! You must be able to work in a team environment and be a great role model for kids while ensuring that safety and inclusion are your top priorities! We also need staff that can assist with transporting youth and help serve meals. You need to be able to work an average of 25 hours per week.
Below are our expectations for each area of our club. When applying, specify your areas of interest and hours of availability AT THE BEGINNING OF YOUR RESUME.
Games Room Activity Leader Expectations
- Creatively plan, organize and supervise games centered around team work (group games with little movement, pool, ping pong, board games, challenge games, etc)
Gymnasium Activity Leader Expectations
- Creatively plan, organize and supervise games centered around physical activity (running, jumping, throwing, catching, sports, etc.)
Arts and Crafts Center Activity Leader Expectations
- Creatively plan, organize and supervise projects centered around creative arts (beading, drawing, building, painting, coloring, cutting, gluing, etc.)
Learning Center Activity Leader Expectations
- Creatively plan, organize and supervise centered around activities that challenge our members minds (brain games, decoding, problem solving, challenges, puzzling, etc.)
Computer Lab Activity Leader Expectations
- Creatively plan, organize and supervise activities centered around computer technology (coding, writing, typing, searching, program navigation, competition, etc.)
I.G Homes Branch
1601 W. Sherman Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007
Skills / Requirements
To be considered for this position you must have direct recent experience leading programs and activities for youth, be a high school graduate or equivalent, demonstrate mature judgment and be a positive role model for our kids. Preferred: age 21 or older with valid AZ drivers license and clean driving record to meet our insurance requirements for transporting youth.
Pay: from $10.50/hour
Paid time off and other benefits for PT employees.
Job Status: Part Time